We need volunteers to assist with our new excursion venture. We will be taking older people on day trips to explore Cornwall on our minibus. The club will not only provide our participants with a great day out but we will endeavour to encourage friendships and a sense of belonging.
About Age UK Cornwall
Age UK Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly was established in 1972 and is the leading independent charity in Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly working to improve the wellbeing of people in later life.
Age UK Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly is an independent local charity.
We’ve been working in the local community to help older people for over 40 years.
We have 90 dedicated staff and over 400 volunteers helping us to deliver services and activities for older people in Cornwall & Isles of Scilly.
What are they looking for?
This role will suit you if:
• You are cheerful and friendly and want to help create a memorable day for the participants.
• Want to join and become part of a great team
• You are keen to share your enthusiasm for helping people explore Cornwall
Please give as much or as little admin support as you want to suit your own needs. This role is primarily based in Truro, but please call 01872 266383 and ask for Becky to discuss different locations across Cornwall.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person to positively impact a community, join a great team and refresh or upskill their communication, coordination & management skills.
* You are cheerful and friendly and want to help create a memorable day for the participants.
* You enjoy meeting new people, are confident and outgoing and like helping others
* You are keen to share your enthusiasm for exploring Cornwall
* You are confident to engage with potential destinations and discuss discounts and group offers.
* You are proud of the service and want to promote it
* You can frequently enter and exit the mini-bus, often assisting with carrying shopping bags
All volunteers will need to attend the Age UK Cornwall and IOS induction and for this opportunity, we will also provide escort training. All volunteers need to follow our Health and Safety Policy always, becoming familiar with the risk assessments for the activities you’re involved with.